The US Bank is a bank holding firm based in Minnesota. It is the seventh largest bank in the US with many services such as investment, banking, trust, payment, and mortgage. The clients include governmental entities, businesses, individuals, and many financial institutions. As of 2019, the bank has up to 4800 ATMs and 3100 branches, mainly in the Midwestern states.
The ReliaCard is a Mastercard or Visa prepaid debit card issued by the US Bank. It allows for easier and paperless government agency payments.
Keep reading this guide to learn how to activate and use your new ReliaCard.
How to activate your ReliaCard from the US Bank online
To activate your new ReliaCard from the US Bank online, just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Go to the official site of the ReliaCard at www.usbankreliacard.com
Step 2: Enter the User ID and Password of your US Bank account, then click on “Login”.
Step 3: Enter your personal information in the form.
Step 4: Enter the number of your card.
Step 5: Select “Manage My Account” and then click on “Card Activation”.
Step 6: Wait a few seconds before the activation is completed.
How to activate your ReliaCard through the US Bank customer service
Another simple option to activate your ReliaCard is to call the customer service of the US Bank. Here are what you need to do:
Step 1: Make a toll-free call to the customer service of ReliaCard at 844 – 359 – 6672.
Step 2: Ask the staff for your ReliaCard activation service.
Step 3: Follow the instructions to provide your personal information to the staff.
Step 4: Provide the information of your ReliaCard.
Step 5: Wait a few minutes before the card is successfully activated.
Necessary information that you need to know
Below are some important things that you need to know when activating your new ReliaCard from the US Bank:
– If you use Mobile Banking or Online Banking, then the card can be activated immediately when it arrives.
– You can also activate your ReliaCard at an ATM of the US Bank or bring it to any branch of the US Bank.
– Keep in mind that your card and PIN might arrive separately in your mail to ensure security.
Benefits of using the ReliaCard for agencies
Below are a couple of benefits of using the ReliaCard for agencies:
– Allow for multiple uses: child support, temporary assistance for needy families or TANF, unemployment benefits, and other assistance programs.
– Convenience and ease: Completing all of the current direct deposit procedures via standard funding.
– Optimize electronic payments: Improve the rates of participation in your direct deposit and send funds in time.
– Reduce cost savings: Sustain expenses related to reconciliation, postage, paper checks, or any replacement of the lost checks.
Benefits of using the ReliaCard for cardholders
Below are a couple of benefits of using the ReliaCard from the US Bank for cardholders:
– Security: When your ReliaCard is stolen or lost, all funds will be fully protected by the Zero Liability Policy by Mastercard or Visa. Your card is also FDIC insured.
– Widely accepted: You can enjoy withdrawing cash or making purchases anywhere Mastercard or Visa prepaid cards are accepted. However, keep in mind that cash access might not be available on all programs.
– Convenience: All funds will be automatically loaded to your card. Thus, there will be no need to deposit or cash your check.
Some features of the ReliaCard issued by the US Bank
Below are a couple of main features that you would enjoy with a ReliaCard from the US Bank:
– Pay bills: You would pay all bills online with the Bill Pay feature or pay directly to the biller.
– Balance alerts: You would request text or email notifications for any of your financial activity, such as low balance or adding more money to the funds.
– 24/7 access: You would choose to go online or call the Cardholder Services to keep updated with the latest account information.
– Mobile banking: You can download the free mobile app with ReliaCard and do anything you want on your smartphone, such as checking the balance, viewing the transaction history, sending money to your friends, as well as other similar financial activities.