The Royal Bank of Canada or RBC is the largest bank in the country by market capitalization. It provides a lot of financial services for both individuals and businesses. Founded in 1864, the bank is headquartered in Quebec and currently has more than 80,000 employees and 16 million clients all over the world.
If you are using the credit card service offered by the Royal Bank of Canada, then it is necessary to activate your new card before using.
In this guide, we will show you how to activate your new RBC credit card in different ways.
How to activate your new RBC credit card online
Below are some simple steps to activate your new RBC credit card online
Step 1: Go to the official website of the Royal Bank of Canada’s online banking at www.online.royalbank.com
Step 2: Click on “Sign in”.
Step 3: If you have not had an online banking account at the Royal Bank of Canada yet, then click on “Enroll Now”.
Step 4: Follow the provided instructions to create your new account with a username and password.
Step 5: Back to the sign-in page and user the registered username and password to sign in.
Step 6: On the Accounts Summary page, choose your credit card option.
Step 7: On the page for Account Details, choose “Activate My Credit Card”.
Step 8: Follow the provided prompts to enter your personal and financial information.
Step 9: Click “Activate” to complete the process.
How to activate your new RBC credit card through the phone
Another simple and quick option to activate your new RBC credit card is to call the phone service. Here are a few simple steps to follow:
Step 1: Call 1 – 877 – 900 – 5900 to contact the Business and Personal Banking activation service. For Private Banking services, call 1 – 888 – 769 – 2597.
Step 2: Specify your type of credit card and ask for the activation service.
Step 3: Provide your personal and financial information as requested.
Step 4: Wait for a couple of seconds or minutes before the representative announces that your card has been successfully activated.
Important things that you need to know
Below is a couple of important things that you need to know before activating your new credit card at the Royal Bank of Canada:
– In addition to online and phone activation, you can also download the RBC Mobile app to activate your new credit card.
– When your new credit card is activated, keep in mind to sign immediately on the back of your card.
– In case you want to re-activate a closed or canceled credit card, you can call the customer service at 1 – 800 – 769 – 2512.
– Currently, all of the credit cards issued by the Royal Bank of Canada can be easily activated online.
– It is important to know that registration for an online banking account is not compulsory. However, this is highly recommended because you can get a lot of benefits from the online banking system provided by the RBC.