Navy Federal Credit Union, mostly known as Navy Federal, is the largest retailing credit union in the US in terms of asset size and membership. Based in Virginia, the company has more than 340 locations in the country with 8.85 million members and $110 billion in assets.
The Navy Federal rewards card is a great service for those who are looking for a gift card or cash back. Before earing rewards, you need to register and activate the card.
In this guide, we will show you how to activate your new Navy Federal rewards card in different ways.
How to activate your new Navy Federal awards card online
Below are a couple of simple steps to activate your new Navy Federal awards card online:
Step 1: Go to the official site of the Navy Federal at www.navyfederal.org
Step 2: Click on “Sign in” on the main menu.
Step 3: If you have not had an online account, then click on “Become a member”.
Step 4: Follow the provided prompts to create a new Navy Federal account.
Step 5: Use your registered username and password to log in your Navy Federal account.
Step 6: On the main dashboard, choose the card activation feature.
Step 7: Select the card option that you want to activate.
Step 8: Enter the number of your Navy Federal rewards card.
Step 9: Click “Activate” to complete the process.
How to activate your new Navy Federal rewards card through the phone
Another way to activate your new card is to call the Navy Federal customer service. Here is what you need to do:
Step 1: Call the customer service of the Navy Federal at 1 – 888 – 842 – 6328.
Step 2: Ask for the activation service for rewards cards.
Step 3: Provide your personal information as requested.
Step 4: Provide the number of your rewards card.
Step 5: Wait a few minutes until your card is successfully activated.
Important information you need to know
Below are a few things you should know when activating your new Navy Federal rewards card:
– With a Navy Federal rewards card, you would get at least 1.5 percent cash back or 1 point for each dollar you spend on your purchase at any store, restaurant, hotel, and shop all over the world.
– There are different rewards card options with various offers, features, limits, and fees, so make sure to understand the differences between them to choose the right card for your needs.
– You can redeem your accumulated points for gift cards, merchandise, and cash via the phone app or online.
– There are no fees to use the Navy Federal rewards card. This means that you can be free of annual fees, cash advance fees, foreign transaction fees, as well as balance transfer fees.
– Some other benefits of the Navy Federal rewards card: 24/7 access to your account, ability to unfreeze and freeze your cards, zero liability policy to prevent unauthorized transactions, fraud notifications, as well as access to FICO score whenever you need.