Overview of American Express
American Express or Amex is an American financial services company headquartered in New York City. Founded in 1850, it is best known for the credit card, charge card, and check businesses for the travelers. In 2016, it is estimated that credit cards using the Amex network accounted for approximately 23 percent of the total transactions in the US.
If you are an Amex cardholder, it is simple to register for an online account and enjoy many benefits like checking your balance or making payments.
How to Log in & Manage Your American Express Account Online
Step 1: Visit the official site of American Express at www.americanexpress.com.
Step 2: If you haven’t had an online account, choose “Create New Online Account” and follow instructions to create a User ID and Password.
Step 3: Back to the main page and fill you User ID and Password.
Step 4: Choose your type of account and choose “Log In”.
Step 5: Now you can choose the features and services that you want to use and enjoy the benefits.
Benefits of Using An American Express Online Account
With an American Express online account, you can:
- Make a payment flexibly and conveniently from anywhere and at any time. You can choose to pay from different schedule payments and bank accounts, even on the due day.
- Check your statements, recent transactions, and current balance.
- Access personalized graphs and charts to keep track of your annual finances.
- Review any change in your FICO score and see important factors that impact it.
- Find out immediately if any large purchases you are planning might be approved.
- Quickly request an online card replacement and check the request status.
- Keep your phone number, address, and other personal details current.
- Notify the company about any charges you do not recognize and check the progress of the dispute.
- Enroll in online alerts to keep track of your purchase, billing statements, and monitor unusual activities.
- Watch your points balance in the membership rewards program.
- Register for exclusive updates and offers.
- Access to seven years of billing statements in the past.
- You can download American Express mobile app and enjoy the same benefits as using an online account.
- Make sure to change your passwords regularly to avoid being hacked.