Westpac, also known as Westpac Banking Corporation, is a financial service and banking company based in Sydney, Australia. It is the oldest and first banking institution in the country. Currently, Westpac is among the four largest banks in Australia with more than 40,000 employees and 14 million customers.
The debit card provided by Westpac is a great solution for those people who want to make easier purchases. There are many great benefits and features to enjoy.
In this guide, we will show you how to activate the debit card of Westpac before using.
How to activate the debit card of Westpac online
The easiest and quickest method to activate a new debit card from Westpac is to do it online with a digital device and Internet connection. Below are some simple steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Go to the official site of Westpac at www.westpac.com.au
Step 2: Click on “Personal” and choose “Bank accounts”, then select on “Everyday banking”.
Step 3: Click on “Sign in”.
Step 4: If you have not had a Westpac account, then follow the provided instructions to create a new username and password.
Step 5: Use the registered account to sign in.
Step 6: Click on “Services and preferences” and choose “Services”.
Step 7: Under the section “Card services”, choose “Card and account linking”.
Step 8: Scroll down and choose the debit card that you want to activate.
Step 9: Click on “Activate a card”.
Step 10: Enter the details of your debit card, including card number and expiry date.
Step 11: Click on “Activate” to complete the process.
How to activate the debit card of Westpac with its customer service
If you do not have an Internet connection, then another option to activate your debit card is to call the customer service of Westpac. Here is all that you need to do:
Step 1: Call the customer service line of Westpac at 1300 651 089.
Step 2: Ask the Westpac representative for the activation service.
Step 3: Provide your personal information as requested.
Step 4: Provide some details of your debit card.
Step 5: Wait a couple of minutes before the representative accounts that your card has been activated successfully.
Other important things that you should know
Below are some useful tips and important information that you need to know before activating your new debit card at Westpac:
- In addition to these two options above, you can also download the Westpac for free and activate your new debit card.
- Make sure to choose the card and edit the savings accounts and cheques that are directly linked to it. Those linked accounts will be later available as soon as you use the card at EFTPOS machines or ATMs.
- You must be at least 16 years old to be eligible for a new Debit Card at Westpac.
Benefits and features of using a Westpac debit card
With a new debit card at Westpac, you can enjoy the following benefits and features:
- Cash withdrawal everywhere: You can withdraw your money in Australia with the “Savings” or “Cheque” option, or overseas at any ATMs with the “Credit” option. There are more than 3,000 ATMs of Westpac in Australia
- Online shopping: You can use the card to make online purchases in restaurants, bars, supermarkets, and many locations where Mastercard is accepted.
- Keep updated on the balance: The “Quick Balance” feature will help you keep informed of the latest balance in your account. This can be done easily in the free mobile banking app of Westpac.
- Ensure security: The Fraud Money-Back Guarantee feature of Westpac ensure that you will be fully protected from any unusual card activities or transactions.
- Card on Hold: If you lose your debit card and cannot find it, then you can use this feature to lock it temporarily to prevent other people from making purchases or transactions.
- Great assistance: If you have any questions, just call the toll-free customer service, even when you are overseas.
- Exclusive offers overseas and in Australia: As a Mastercard holder, you can have access to many great experiences and perk in more than 40 cities all over the world. If you are living in Sydney, there is a special program called Priceless Sydney to provide the best sporting, shopping, and dining experiences, as well as interesting entertainment and hotel offers for all cardholders.