NetSpend is a financial services company which serves around 68 millions consumers by giving them freedom, security, and convenience. They design products and tools for those who don’t use a traditional bank account or want to use alternative financial services.
The debit card by Netspend allows cardholders to perform a variety of services like making purchases, paying online bills, or depositing paychecks directly for immediate access. After applying for the card successfully, you have to activate your card to use it fully.
Here are three simple ways you can use to activate your Netspend card.
How to activate your Netspend card through customer care service
- Call the customer care service of Netspend at 1866 387 7363.
- Listen carefully to the instructions and choose the right channel to activate your new card.
- Provide your contact information as requested by the representative.
- Follow the instructions and provide some details of your debit card, including account number in the front and the 3-digit CVV at the back.
- Wait for a few seconds before the representative notifies you that your debit card is successfully activated.
How to activate your debit card by Netspend debit card online
Online activation is the simplest way as it only requires a smartphone and internet connection. Here are a few simple steps that you need to follow:
- Visit the Netspend card activation’s official site at activation at www.netspend.com/account/activate.
- Enter your card information, including the 16-digit card number in the front of the card and the 3-digit security code at the back of the card. Then choose “Continue”.
- Choose “Manage my card”.
- Choose “Debit card activation”.
- Enter your personal information, including social security number, name, birthday, address, and email address. Then choose “Activate”.
- Wait a few seconds and you will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered phone number which you link to the bank.
- Enter the OPT and your card is now successfully activated. You will receive a notification about successful activation.
How to activate your debit card by Netspend debit card at the ATM
Another way to activate your debit card is through the ATM. All you need is to follow simple steps as below:
- Visit the nearest ATM of Netspend in your neighborhood.
- Swipe your debit card, then enter 16-digit card number which is shown in the front of the card.
- Choose “Card activation”, then enter the 3-digit PIN number.
- Now your debit card is successfully activated.
Security features of the Netspend card
With a Netspend debit card, you can have peace of mind with many available security features. These include:
- FDIC-insured via the issuing bank of your card.
- Full protection against any unauthorized purchases with the Mastercard or Visa liability protection.
- Virtual card to provide you with an added control layer over those who have your card number.
Why should you sign up for a Netspend debit card?
In general, the process of signing up a Netspend debit card is simple for three reasons:
- There is no credit check.
- There is no fee of activation.
- There are no minimum balances.
Main features of the Netspend Card
Once you have activated your debit card, there will be many benefits. These include:
- Deposit your money directly
With Netspend, you could cash a check quickly without any issues. Direct deposits might include tax refunds, work paychecks, social security benefits, pensions, SSI, DFAS, RRB, state unemployment benefits, or veterans’ benefits.
- Pay bills and go shopping
You could handle your finances from a single account. You could pay online bills, withdraw cash from the ATM, or send money to your family
- Control your account via your phone
With a smartphone, you can easily access your account info quickly to see the balance and recent transactions. Also, any major changes to your accounts will be alerts via email or app. This will make sure your money won’t be stolen by any malicious hackers.