ANZ stands for Australia and New Zealand Banking Group. It is the biggest bank in New Zealand and the second largest financial institution in Australia by assets. Established in 1951, the company currently has more than 50,000 employees and up to 9 million clients all over the world.
ANZ offers many credit card options with different features. Before enjoying these benefits, you need to activate your card.
In this guide, we will show you two simple ways to activate your new ANZ credit card.
How to activate your new credit card at ANZ online
The simplest and quickest way to activate a new ANZ credit card is to assess its online service. Below are what you need to do:
Step 1: Visit the official site of ANZ Internet Banking at www.anz.com/INETBANK/login.asp
Step 2: If you have not had an ANZ internet banking account, then click on “Register for ANZ Internet Banking”.
Step 3: Click on “Register”.
Step 4: Follow the provided prompts to create a new account with a customer registration number and a password.
Step 5: Back to the main site and use the registered information to log in your new ANZ account.
Step 6: On the main menu, choose “Settings”.
Step 7: Choose “Activate an ANZ Card”.
Step 8: Enter your credit card number, which has 15 or 16 digits.
Step 9: Choose “Activate” to complete the process.
How to activate your new credit card at ANZ over the phone
Another way to activating your new credit card at ANZ is to call the customer service. All you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Call the customer service of ANZ at 1 800 652 033. If you are calling from overseas, then call +61 3 8599 6996
Step 2: Ask the staff for the credit card activation service.
Step 3: Provide your personal information as requested.
Step 4: Provide your credit card number as requested.
Step 5: Wait a couple of minutes before the staff announces that your card has been successfully activated.
Necessary information that you need to know
Before you proceed to activate your new ANZ credit card, below are a couple of important things to keep in mind:
– The customer registration number is the 9-digit number that an ANZ consultant gives you.
– If you cannot find the customer registration number, then call 13 33 50. If you are overseas, then call +61 3 9683 8833. Otherwise, you can use your registered mobile number, PIN, or ANZ card to register.
– Keep in mind that you cannot use ANZ Internet Banking to activate ANZ purchasing or corporate cards. The list of card types that can be activated online includes all personal credit cards, Business Black, Business One, Business Visa Debit, Everyday Visa Debit, Access Visa Debit, and Access Card.
– After the activation, your credit card should be signed. You also need to remove the sticker on the front before using it for the first time.
– Another way to activate your ANZ credit card is to use the ANZ app.