DBS Bank is a financial services company and multinational bank based in Singapore. It was established by Singapore’s government in 1968. Currently, it is the largest financial institution in South East Asia, with total assets of more than $518 billion.
The debit by DBS provides users with many useful features and benefits. Once you have applied successfully for it, it is necessary to activate to enjoy these advantages.
In this guide, we will show you how to activate your new DBS debit card in three different ways. Also, you will learn more useful information about your card.
Guide to online activation of the debit card by the DBS Bank
Step 1: Visit the official website of the DBS Bank at www.dbs.com.
Step 2: Since the default language is Chinese, you can select “English” on the top right corner to switch to English.
Step 3: Choose “Log in” on the top right corner.
Step 4: Enter the registered User ID and PIN that you get with your debit card, then choose “Login”.
Step 5: Under “Cards”, choose “Activate Debit and ATM Cards”, then log in with the 6-digit PIN.
Step 6: Choose the Debit card that you want to activate.
Step 7: Accept the Terms & Conditions, then choose “Next”.
Step 8: Read the details carefully before choosing “Submit” to finish your debit card activation.
Guide to activate your debit card at the DBS Bank through customer care service
Step 1: Call the customer care service of the DBS Bank at 1800 111 1111 or (65) 6327 2265 if you are calling from overseas.
Step 2: Ask the customer care representative to direct you to the activation channel.
Step 3: Hear the instructions and give your personal info.
Step 4: Provide your PIN and card information.
Step 5: Wait for several minutes before getting a notification from the representative about your successful activation.
Guide to activate your debit card by the DBS Bank at the ATM
Step 1: Visit any ATM of the DBS Bank.
Step 2: Swipe the debit card, then enter the 6-digit PIN number you got with the card.
Step 3: Choose “Card activation”, then enter your card number.
Step 4: Wait for several seconds until you see an announcement of successful activation.
Debit card options to choose at the DBS Banks
If you are considering opening up a debit card at the DBS Banks, then it is important to know all of the available options to make a good decision. Basically, there are 6 types which are different in a variety of features:
- DBS Visa: 5% cash back, free annual fee, no fee for foreign exchanges, only available for people who are above 16 years old.
- DBS UnionPay: 5% cash back, exclusive merchant deals, 24-hour concierge, contactless payment, free annual fee, only available for people who are above 16 years old.
- Passion POSB: 4% rebate, free membership, exclusive member privileges, 1% cash back, free annual fee, S$12 membership fee in 5 years.
- DBS Takashimaya: 3% voucher rebates, 10% off in sale events, complimentary delivery services, $5 annual fee.
- SAFRA DBS: 2% cash rebate, free annual fee, collect points and get your rewards, exclusive benefits with many merchant outlets.
- DBS NUSSU: 5% cashback, S$10 annual fee, 4-year fee waiver.
Benefits of using the debit card issued by the DBS Bank
- Do and view online transactions, statements through the free DBS Bank app.
- Set up reminders or notifications for any activities associated with your account or card.
- Enjoy more values with the debit card such as cashback, reward points, exclusive services.
- Enhance security and protect you from frauds through easy and straightforward steps.
- Set up your direct debit to avoid missing a payment.
- Share your card or account with other members of the family.