American Express or AMEX is a financial services company based in New York City. It is best known for some services such as credit card, traveler’s cheque, and charge card. Currently, the credit cards issued by the firm accounts for more than 20% of the total volume of the dollar in the United States.
American Express Serve is the most popular prepaid debit card of the company. It provides many benefits and perks for the users.
In this guide, we will show you some simple steps to activate your new American Express Serve card.
How to activate your American Express Serve card on the phone
To activate your new American Express Serve card through the phone, just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Make a direct call to the customer service of American Express at 1 – 855 – 431 – 6035. Keep in mind to call from the number that you use to register the American Express card.
Step 2: Request the activation service.
Step 3: Follow the instructions to provide your personal information.
Step 4: Provide your card number and CVV number.
Step 5: Wait a few minutes until your new card is successfully activated.
How to activate your American Express Serve card online
Another quicker and simpler way to activate your American Express Serve card is to do it online. With the Internet connection and a digital device, you can follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Go to the official site of American Express Serve at www.serve.com
Step 2: Click on “Have a Card Already?” on the top right corner.
Step 3: Click on “Activate now”.
Step 4: Enter the username and password of your American Express account.
Step 5: Click on “Activate now”.
Step 6: Enter your card number.
Step 7: Complete the form with your personal information.
Step 8: Click on “Submit” to complete the activation process.
Available options for American Express Serve card
Currently, you can choose from 3 available options for your American Express Serve card. These include:
– American Express Serve: $0 for online and $3.95 for in-store purchase, $6.95 monthly fee, up to $3.95 cash reloads
– American Express Serve Free Reload: $0 for online and $3.95 for in-store purchase, $6.95 monthly fee, $0 cash reloads at more than 45,000 locations (Walmart, Rite Aid, CVS, 7-Eleven, and more)
– American Express Serve Cash Back: $0 for online and $3.95 for in-store purchase, $7.95 monthly fee, up to $3.95 cash reloads
Some other features that three options have in common include free direct deposit, free money adding, free withdrawals from ATM, $0.75 for each ATM decline, free online bill pay, $5 for each card replacement, 2.7% of the fee for foreign transactions
Benefits of using an American Express card
Below are a few benefits of using an American Express card:
– Purchase protection: You could shop with more confident with this feature. It helps you protect valid purchases made with your card against any theft or accidental damage for up to 90 days after the purchases.
– Fraud protection: When your card is stolen or lost, the company would protect you against any fraudulent purchases.
– 24/7 customer service: You can easily access the customer service of American Express 24/7 to get support and help.
– Amex offers: You can enjoy a wide variety of offers, from dining and shopping. It is simple and free.
– Travel protection: With the Roadside Assistance and Global Hotline, the company will help you whenever you are.
– FDIC insurance: Your money in the American Express card is valid for FDIC pass-through insurance.
Other important things that you need to know
Below are a couple of important things that you should know when activating your American Express Serve card:
– After registering your new Serve card at American Express, you will get an email with an embedded link to create your new online account. Make sure to click on the link to confirm your own identity and complete the setup.
– Once you have activated your American Express Serve card, you would get free withdrawals or add cash at more than 24,000 ATMs.
– Your Personalized Card will reach your address within 7 to 10 days after registration.
– After the activation, all of your remaining money on the Temporary Card will be automatically transferred to the Personalized card for immediate use.